The IAB Data Center of Excellence is an independently funded and staffed unit within IAB, founded to enhance existing IAB resources and to drive the “data agenda” for the digital media, marketing, and advertising industry. IAB Data’s mission is to define boundaries, reduce friction, and increase value along the data chain, for consumers, marketers, and the ecosystem that supports them.
For more information on how to get involved, please contact [email protected].
IAB Data is focused on:
- Gathering industry thought leaders to sell the data agenda
- Funding industry research to provide benchmarks and actionable insights on data management across platforms
- Developing relevant standards, service, and best practices
- Creating educational materials including certification, videos, and webinars
- Hosting data focused events that feature industry luminaries
- Leading self-governance initiatives and privacy’s ethics best practice
- Support the direct brand economy (i.e. programmatic in-housing, building the data-centric organization)
- Drive accelerated digital marketing transformation through emerging technologies (i.e. AI, Blockchain)
- Advance programmatic growth while supporting media buying for emerging formats (i.e. DOOH, podcasts, video)
- Lead industry consumer privacy and ethics initiatives (i.e. “consumer bill of rights,” GDPR, CCPA)
- Define data transparency, quality and identity to inform measurement and attribution within the supply chain (i.e., data transparency, identity standards, etc.)
IAB Data Center of Excellence helps drive the industry forward through the efforts of committees and councils. Comprised of some of the brightest minds in their space, these groups work together to develop solutions that improve the interactive advertising and marketing ecosystem. Visit the Committees and Councils page to learn more.