If you are attending the third event (in-person in NYC) of this three-part meeting series and have any questions, please email [email protected].
State Privacy Law Summit: Unpacking Brand and Agency Privacy Obligations & Exploring Industry Solutions
2022 is a pivotal year for brands and agencies when it comes to privacy compliance. Current business practices, many shaped by the CCPA, will need to change to account for new privacy laws in California, Colorado, and Virginia. Among other material changes, the laws require adjustments to how brands and measurement companies treat ad tech data disclosures, the nature of certain business relationships, and the specific contract terms that must govern.
In this three-part, collaborative meeting series for brands, agencies, measurement companies, and supporting stakeholders, we will identify the next steps that will position brands, agencies and measurement companies to thrive in this changing regulatory landscape:
- Level-set with an overview of the current contractual relationships that are prevalent in the industry and which terms will need to change to comply with new state laws.
- Discuss different data flows, including those that are critically important to the buy-side, including measurement, clean rooms, and look-a-like audiences, etc.
- Share the work product of the IAB Legal Affairs Council’s State Compliance Working Group, which–with all parts of the digital advertising ecosystem participating — has provided an explanation of key legal principles, detailed data flows, and how we believe state privacy laws apply to those data flows.
- Discuss a proposed industry compliance framework, obtain feedback and, ideally, reach a consensus.
This three-part series will include two virtual meetings and an in-person summit. To maximize all participants’ time and effort, IAB requires registrants to commit to all three meetings:
- Thursday, March 10 at 12:00-1:00 p.m. (EST) – First Virtual Meeting (webinar)
- Tuesday, March 29 at 12:00-1:00 p.m. (EST) – Second Virtual Meeting (webinar)
- Thursday, April 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST) – In-Person Meeting (in NYC) followed by Happy Hour
10:30 am - 6:00 pmState Privacy Law Summit: Unpacking Brand and Agency Privacy Obligations (3 of 3)The culmination of this series will be an in-person summit with a recap of the core take-aways from the first two meetin... Read More
The culmination of this series will be an in-person summit with a recap of the core take-aways from the first two meetings and stakeholder feedback. We will also present the work product of the IAB Legal Affairs Council’s State Compliance Working Group and discuss these data flows with attendees to determine if we can reach consensus on interpretation regarding how state privacy laws apply to common data flows, and whether and how an industry compliance framework can help support the industry in achieving compliance and reducing commercial friction. Finally, we will present options for how technically and operationally achieve some of these compliance goals with support from the IAB Tech Lab and CMPs.