In this fireside chat, hear what GroupM is doing to embrace best practices for building trust in the supply chain today.
As viewing habits evolved, the convergence of digital video and TV became inevitable. Industry executives weigh in on how VPAID and VAST 4.0 enable more rapid evolution and shed light on what new technologies and measuring capabilities can ensure success.
There are many estimates about how much ad fraud is expected to cost the industry. But how do you quantify the value of a clean supply chain? Industry experts discuss various anti-fraud initiatives and the impact of the MRC’s Invalid Traffic Guidelines, as well as collaborative strategies for the ecosystem to combat this type of criminal activity.
The New York Times recently launched Flex Frame ads, its new cross-platform ad product, in an effort to improve user experience for both marketers and consumers. Learn about the technology supporting these new ads, how they are performing, and what’s in store for the future of ad innovation.
How is the industry using deterministic and probabilistic modeling—and, in some cases, a hybrid of the two—to work toward creating comparable, viewable, and optimizable metrics that are not only transparent and accountable, but also maintain consumer privacy? Industry experts dive into an exploration of cross-device technology used for measurement, including technical limitations and how to overcome them.
While many publishers have implemented header bidding, many are still struggling with weighing the costs and benefits of the technology. How much more incremental revenue is gained, and is it worth the added page load time? Industry experts weigh in.
The IAB community recognizes excellence, creativity, and a forward-thinking approach to solving problems in data science. Be there to celebrate your friends and colleagues for being the best at what they do.
Quality audience data is the key that unlocks better, more targeted consumer interactions, at the same time providing a competitive advantage to those with access to this information. But with this increased amount of first-, second-, and third-party data comes an increased amount of segmentation, the likelihood of discrepancies between vendors and internal sources, a higher level of required governance, and greater concern about consumer privacy. Learn where the marketplace is evolving.
George Ivie provides an update on the state of the market, including insights into an audience-based currency standard to facilitate cross-media comparisons.
Learn how the industry is navigating the complexity of digital’s new currency, and discover whether time-based measurement is here to stay.
Discover blockchain technology and learn how it applies to the ever-changing digital media landscape.Read More
Discover blockchain technology and learn how it applies to the ever-changing digital media landscape.
Pose Questions. Share Experiences. Exchange Insights. Walk away with new ideas and new connections.
The best conversations at conferences often happen in hallways and over cocktails when attendees engage one another in spirited discussion and debate. IAB Town Halls tap into this energy by creating interactive experiences focused on hot topics in digital operations.
Facilitated by an industry leader, each session is an open forum to share challenges, collaborate on solutions, find inspiration and ideas, and make contacts that translate into business solutions. Drinks will be served.
The availability of granular data at scale enables us to deliver ads that are viewable to the right consumer on the right platform at the right time – with the right message. But with this intense focus on ad delivery, have we lost sight of ROI? How do we prove that our targeting and validation efforts actually increase advertising effectiveness? This town hall discussion focuses on challenges and best practices for ensuring that activation efforts generate tangible results.
Discussion points include:
- How does investing in interest-based targeting and ad validation drive advertising effectiveness?
- How do advertisers deliver custom messages without undermining reach?
- Beyond ensuring that impressions are viewable and free from fraud, how can we optimize for better campaign lift in-flight?
- What techniques and technologies have the greatest impact on improving overall campaign ROI?
Header bidding burst upon the industry with promises to increase revenue for adopters. Over the last year, the relationship between buyer, seller, and intermediaries has been disrupted. This session explores the challenges and opportunities.
Discussion points include:
- What are the actual upsides, and what turns out to be the biggest risks for header bidding?
- Given the rapid pace of development to header bidding tactics, and the cost of adopting a new ad technology, some companies may be hesitant to adopt now. Are the current header bidding technologies mature, or at least future-proof?
- Header bidding started out requiring parallel requests be made from the web browser, but recent implementations offload this. What additional complexity is introduced with this move to server-side, and how does the infrastructure of audience and impression measurement need to evolve to keep up?
The IAB New Standard Ad Unit Portfolio recognizes the diversity of digital media experiences and presents a shift in ad specs and a change in mindset – from fixed sizes ad specs with the current standard ad units to flexible and responsive aspect-ratio based creative canvas with the new ad portfolio. The IAB New Ad Portfolio will allow for flexible size ads to adapt easily across screens and for faster loading, non-intrusive advertising based on the LEAN Guidelines. During this town hall, we will discuss the opportunities and challenges that can be anticipated from this transition to the IAB New Ad Portfolio next year.
Discussion points include:
- How do the new flexible ad sizes impact ad creative production and ad placements across different screen sizes and resolutions from mobile phones to large desktops?
- What are your main concerns and/or the key elements to address during the transition to the IAB New Ad Portfolio?
- What will be the business impact of discontinuing certain ad sizes and functionalities (e.g. auto-expand)?