Advertiser investment in original digital video programming has nearly doubled over the past two years with 80% of brand and agency executives are planning to spend even more on original digital video this year, according to the 4th annual “Digital Content NewFronts: Video Ad Spend Study.” Original digital video is gaining a greater share of total digital video budgets, reaching 47% in 2017. Native Advertising continues to be a key part in these original digital video buys, accounting for 42% of investment.
Some additional key highlights from the study include:
- 53% of marketers and media buyers surveyed said expanding budgets was a reason for the rise in original digital video spend
- Marketers and media buyers are planning to allocate 40% of their original digital video budget after attending the 2017 NewFronts
- Advertisers top obstacle in spending more in Original Video Content is quality
- Over 60% of advertisers will increase spending on digital video advertising in the next 12 months
- Share of digital video ad spend bought programmatically will continue to grow in 2017