Here’s a partial list of the good works our IAB and IAB Tech Lab members are doing to help the world during this COVID-19 pandemic:
- Amazon is prioritizing shipments of “household staples, medical supplies and other high-demand products.
- Amobee, in partnership with the World Health Organization and their industry partners, developed a series of ads featuring a simple call-to-action that brings consumers to the dedicated WHO COVID-19 resource site.
- AT&T is offering free unlimited data for schools to help enable virtual classrooms and support remote learning, and supporting first responders with unthrottled connectivity and priority communications to respond to this public health emergency.
- Facebook announced a new $100 million program to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- General Motors launched a rapid-response project to produce health-care supplies in the shared fight against COVID-19.
- Google is putting major efforts into providing useful information, enabling productivity, and protecting consumers from misinformation. They also announced a new $800+ million commitment to support small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), health organizations and governments, and health workers on the frontline of this global pandemic.
- Integral Ad Science (IAS) is providing inventory for a new industry consortium delivering ad units aimed at spreading accurate information about COVID-19.
- L’Oréal is shifting production to combat Coronavirus in Europe and pledged $720,000 to help China fight the Coronavirus.
- The New York Times has lifted its paywall so that consumers can read coronavirus news updates without a subscription.
- PopSugar (part of Group Nine) released a new fitness app for free to keep us all “Active” during the quarantine.
- TikTok is working with the World Health Organization (WHO) to share informational content related to COVID-19 by providing access to accurate information and resources from public health officials in the app.
- Univision has ongoing efforts to keep the Hispanic community informed about COVID-19.
- Verizon Media created a Coronavirus hub across the Yahoo ecosystem, provided donations to nonprofits, and increased data allowance for Verizon Innovative Learning schools.
- ViacomCBS has aired hundreds of PSAs across their networks, creating premium custom content to promote #AloneTogether and #KidsTogether across all audiences.
- Xandr, AT&T advanced advertising business, is using its platform to distribute PSAs aimed at helping viewers slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
As the situation with the coronavirus pandemic quickly evolves and the world adapts to a new way of doing business while staying safe, IAB and IAB Tech Lab member companies are stepping up to help. Leadership teams at companies large and small are offering connectivity, content, and services to consumers for free or at a reduced cost. In this time of uncertainty and fear, we applaud our member organizations for helping Americans get the latest news, online food deliveries, entertainment, access to digital conference calls, and many essential services.
We will update this page regularly, please share your company stories as well. If you are an IAB member and would like your organization’s response to COVID-19 to be featured, contact [email protected]. We are grateful to all our members!