This report intends to contribute a more precise understanding of tracking and its consequences, both economic and social. We describe how:
- tracking works to circulate data and affect privacy
- data circulation benefits the U.S. economy
- the publishing industry uses data to shape the ratio of free ad-supported content to subscription content
- tracking affects aspects of the consumer web experience, beyond cost
- targeted advertising reduces inventory waste
- economic power would concentrate in the hands of the largest four or five technology companies because they are independent of circulated tracking data
- loss of tracking would produce quantifiable revenue losses to independent publishers and their supporting technology infrastructure
Tens of . . .
You must be an IAB Member to continue reading.
To receive IAB member benefits, you must be employed by one of our member companies and have a verified business email address associated with your account.
Log In or Create Account
If have an IAB Portal account, please create a new account on iab.com and we will link to your records. If you\'re logged in and believe you are seeing this message in error, log out and try with another account or contact us about your company\'s membership status.
Contact [email protected] with press inquiries.