IAB released “The IAB Digital Mixology Playbook,” an in-depth whitepaper that showcases expert opinion from creatives, alcoholic beverage marketers and publishing executives, distilling trends and providing actionable insights for spirits, wine and beer brands to successfully reach their target audience via digital screens. The paper provides guidance on navigating the challenges in marketing alcoholic beverages in the U.S. given regulatory standards, while offering inspiring examples of leading edge campaigns that leverage digital creatively in order to excite, delight and heighten brand awareness, as well as sales.
The research from IAB and Prosper Insights shows that adults that plan to spend more on liquor, wine or beer in the next 90 days are heavy users of mobile devices, and more than half of those (55%) are also Millennials:
- 83 percent of drinkers own smartphones, in sharp contrast to the general U.S. population (65%)
- One out of three say that their mobile phone “is their life”
- 52 percent of drinkers own a tablet versus 43 percent of average Americans over 21
- Drinkers are much more likely to use mobile coupons (32% vs 26%) or text offers (49% vs 40%) than the general population
- They are much more inclined to make purchases on mobile devices in comparison to the typical U.S. consumer (38% vs 25%)