Digital Video and Original Digital Video budget allocations resulting from the NewFronts event has steadily increased over the last 3 years. The 2015 NewFronts event is poised to capture just over a third of advertisers’ digital video budgets (overall), as well as a third of their original digital video budgets. In addition, 8 in 10 advertisers have increased their Original Digital Video budgets as a result of attending the NewFronts with TV-first buyers more likely to commit more dollars upfront and Digital-first buyers to spend more throughout the year.
Some of the key highlights include:
Digital Video Landscape
- Ad spending on original digital video programming increased 114% since 2014
- Marketers and Advertisers are spending on average more than $10 million annually on Digital Video, representing an 85% increase from 2 years ago
- Video represents an increasing share of Digital/Mobile Ad Spending, with growth driven by a substantial increase in Mobile Video allocations
- Robust spend optimism (plans to invest more in next 12 months) for both Digital and Mobile Video; while most are expecting to maintain current TV spend levels
- Cross-Platform spending (TV + Online Video) seeing continued growth in 2016
- Programmatic Video buying seeing broad adoption and steady growth – accounting for 41% of all Digital Video dollars spent, representing 58% growth from over the last 2 years
Original Digital Video & The NewFronts
- Ad spending on original digital programming has more than doubled since 2014
- The 2016 NewFronts event is poised to capture just over a third of advertisers’ digital video budgets (overall), as well as 38% of their original digital video budgets
- 8 in 10 advertisers agree that their attendance at the 2015 NewFronts resulted in increased spending on Original Digital Video content and/or motivated them to increase their budgets for ODV content
Learn more about the Digital Content NewFronts at iab.com/newfronts.