How to Subscribe
Though members get discounts, you do not have to be a member of the IAB to subscribe to the list. To subscribe to the list please follow the “How to Access” steps outlined below. Subscriptions last 12 months from the date of sign up and access is provided via FTP. Access to the list is not available until payment and a signed data subscription agreement have been received.
How to Access
Email [email protected] and request to be invoiced by the Spiders and Bots team. Only one account login is granted access per subscribing company. When emailing to request an invoice please be sure to provide:
- A signed copy of the Spiders and Bots data subscription agreement. Please note that we do not accept redlines to these agreements as the terms are not negotiable.
- Your Accounts Payable contact information.
- An email address for the primary contact at your company who will receive all communications regarding your Spiders & Bots subscription. We recommend that you use an email alias if a team will be accessing the list.
- If your company requires a PO for purchase, please request that as well.
Once you receive an invoice from the Spiders and Bots team, the invoice must be paid in full along with the data subscription agreement signed and returned before FTP access to download the list is received. Access will be revoked if either is not complete within the invoice terms.
Download the IAB Spiders and Bots Best Practices
Download sample of the IAB Spiders and Bots List
Subscription lasts for a year and gives you access to:
- Industry leaders in spider & bot detection and filtering
- The Alliance for Audited Media and IAB support
- A comprehensive guide to best practices in using the spiders & bots list
- IAB General Member: $5,000
- IAB Tech Lab Member: $5,000
- IAB Associate Member: $7,500
- Non-Member: $15,000
About the International IAB/ABC Spiders & Bots List
The IAB has enlisted The Alliance for Audited Media to perform evaluation and management services associated with maintaining and publishing the industry Spider and Robot list, the use of which is required for compliance to the IAB’s Client Side Counting (CSC) Measurement Guidelines for “double pass” filtering. We have also formed a Spider & Robot Policy Board to oversee and approve list modifications (see list below).
The list will be updated monthly to reflect changes that are brought to the attention of The Alliance for Audited Media, ABC UK, and the Policy Board.
Submit Newly Discovered Spiders & Bots
IAB requests that members submit any new robots they discover as often as possible.
Spiders & Robots Policy Board (as of November 2022)
- Richard Gibbons, ABC UK
- Martin Liljenback, Adobe
- Steve Guenther, Alliance for Audited Media
- Todd Martens, Alliance for Audited Media
- Antoine Comets, Criteo
- Thomas Kent, Extreme Reach
- Breen Baker, Google
- Zhong Wang, Google
- Michael Smith, Hearst
- Jaelene Price, Microsoft
- Jill Wittkopp, IAB Tech Lab
For further inquiries please contact [email protected].