Over two consecutive days of testimony before the House and Senate, Randall Rothenberg, CEO of IAB, the national trade association for the digital media and marketing industries, and IAB Executive Vice President for Public Policy Dave Grimaldi both urged Congress to pass legislation to create a federal regulatory framework around privacy that will protect consumers and avoid the risk of a patchwork of conflicting and damaging state laws.
- IAB CEO Randall Rothenberg hearing before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on policy principles for a Federal data privacy framework in the U.S. (2/27):
- IAB EVP for Public Policy Dave Grimaldi testimony before the House of Representatives Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Commerce of the Energy and Commerce Committee (2/26):
In the News
- IAB tells Congress to pass broad privacy legislation, but outlook is mixed
- IAB supports federal privacy regulation
- Ad world flocks to Congress urging federal data privacy legislation