Thrive in the direct brand economy. Direct-to-consumer brands (DTC) are disrupting the traditional retail economy, capturing unprecedented market share from legacy category leaders. IAB’s The Rise of the 21st Century Brand Economy, a groundbreaking research study, first identified the economic factors, technologies, and marketing trends transforming the way modern brands communicate. This online, direct-to-consumer class traces the development of direct brands and explains how you and your organization can thrive in the direct brand economy.
- Understand the economic and technological factors that gave rise to this new generation of disruptor brands
- Explain how direct brands are different from traditional, incumbent brands
- Learn how direct brands leverage low-barrier-to-entry supply chains to fulfill demand and create relationships with consumers
- Develop strategies brands, publishers, and platforms can implement to foster mutually beneficial partnerships
- Direct brand characteristics and drivers
- Impact of direct brands on incumbent brand growth
- How the internet fuels the Direct Brand Economy
- Building a direct brand
- Understanding the production, attention, fulfillment, and data stacks
- How to partner with 21st-century brands
- How to thrive by becoming a direct brand or serving the needs of direct brands
Introduction to Direct Brands Online combines videos, quizzes, and interactive exercises; alongside master class interviews with direct brand founders; to achieve a comprehensive, holistic learning experience.
Are you planning to register 10 or more attendees from your organization? Get in touch to learn about special discounts for groups of 10 or more and on-site training opportunities.
Get in Touch
This class counts as 8 hours of credits toward IAB Certification or Recertification status.