ONLINE LEARNING COURSE
Direct-to-consumer brands (DTC) are disrupting the traditional retail economy, capturing unprecedented market share from legacy category leaders. IAB’s The Rise of the 21st Century Brand Economy, a groundbreaking research study, first identified the economic factors, technologies, and marketing trends transforming the way modern brands communicate. This online learning course traces the development of direct brands and explains how you and your organization can thrive in the direct brand economy.
Designed to help you and your team understand:
- The economic and technological factors that gave rise to this new generation of disruptor brands
- How direct brands are different from traditional, incumbent brands
- How direct brands leverage low-barrier-to-entry supply chains to fulfill demand and create relationships with consumers
- Strategies brands, publishers, and platforms can implement to foster mutually beneficial partnerships
Course Level: Introductory – This course introduces foundational concepts about DTC brands necessary for employees at all career levels to thrive in the 21st Century Direct Brand Economy.
- Direct brand characteristics and drivers
- Impact of direct brands on incumbent brand growth
- How the internet fuels the Direct Brand Economy
- Building a direct brand
- Understanding the production, attention, fulfillment, and data stacks
- How to partner with 21st century brands
- How to thrive by becoming a direct brand or serving the needs of direct brands
Special pricing is available for teams of ten or more. Get in touch to learn more.
This class counts as 8 hours of credits toward IAB Certification or Recertification status.