New state privacy laws coming into effect in 2023 include new requirements for companies to respond to, and in some cases pass on, consumer requests to access, delete, or correct their personal information. This chart summarizes those requirements in a succinct, one-page chart.
Five new privacy state laws are taking effect in 2023:
- California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) on January 1, 2023
- Virginia Consumer Data Protection (CPDA) on January 1, 2023
- Colorado Privacy Act (CPA) on July 1, 2023
- Connecticut’s Act Concerning Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring, also known as the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA) on July 1, 2023
- Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA) on December 31, 2023