Advertising to local audiences through digital media channels has become increasingly important for achieving marketing objectives. A growing list of advertising tools, platforms and content for building consumer context and engagement around geotargeting signals have made digital local advertising highly relevant and effective.
The goal of this IAB Local Buyer’s Guide is to be the definitive industry guide for anyone who wants to learn about using digital to advertise to local audiences, and looking to understand local digital media’s growth, evolution, sophistication and burgeoning opportunities. This includes large national brands, small and medium businesses (SMBs), as well as regional-to-global ad agencies. This Buyer’s Guide is intended to help business decision-makers learn their way around the digital local audience landscape. We also refer readers to Targeting Local Markets: An IAB Interactive Advertising Guide (2010) a resource that offers additional information about local digital advertising.
This Guide offers:
- Basic statistics on the U.S. digital local market
- A breakdown of digital platforms available for local media
- Factors to take into consideration when planning a local campaign
- Best practices for the design of ads and creative content
- What metrics are available and how to measure success
- Examples of successful campaigns