This page contains waivers of your legal rights and an agreement by you not to sue IAB nor IAB Tech Lab for certain claims related to COVID-19. Please read this page carefully and do not check “I Agree” on the event registration page unless you agree to these terms. If you check “I Agree,” the terms of this page and release become binding on you even if you have not read it.
VIRTUAL, CHAT, AND IN-PERSON EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Unacceptable behavior from any event attendee will not be tolerated neither online nor in person. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue or of the chat moderator or event team
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any participants of the event and related event activities
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs
Please contact [email protected] to request any ADA accommodations.
PHOTOGRAPHY, SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER
You understand that Interactive Advertising Bureau, Inc./IAB Technology Laboratory, Inc. (“IAB”) wishes to obtain the right to record and use your name, picture, photograph, likeness, voice, performance, and/or other personal identification provided by you to IAB (collectively, the “Material”) on videotape, film, or any other audio and/or visual medium for use in connection with the that event that you selected to register for a plan to attend and/or participate in. By completing the registration information on this site, you confirm that you hereby grant IAB the unrestricted right to record and use the Material, in whole or in part, in any manner and any media, including advertising, promotions, and any other commercial use. You acknowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation by IAB hereunder.
IAB REGISTRATION POLICIES:
- Your registration is only valid for the event for which you’ve registered.
- Pre-event registrations may be transferred to other members of the same company if notice is provided to the IAB within at least 48 hours of the event by emailing [email protected].
- Registrations may be canceled by emailing [email protected] and are subject to our cancelation policy.
- Cancellation policy: The registration fee, less a $100 processing charge, will be refunded until approximately one month prior to the event date (check your confirmation email for the exact date). After this time, registrations may be transferred to colleagues at the same company but refunds will not be available. Contact the IAB Events team if you need assistance: [email protected]. (*Fee only applies to paid registrations.)
- IAB reserves the right to cancel or modify a registration at its discretion
- Discount codes are not transferable, cannot be applied retroactively, and can be canceled by IAB at its discretion. IAB reserves the right to void a registration if the person using a code is not eligible for the promotion.
- Each attendee must have their own printed credentials. Credentials cannot be transferred, shared, or split. Photo ID is required upon check in.
- IAB has a no soliciting / no suitcasing policy. Anyone found violating this policy will be asked to leave immediately and their credentials will be revoke without a refund.
COVID-19 POLICY AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
IAB does not require proof of vaccination to attend our events. However, we strongly recommend that in-person attendees be vaccinated, and that you stay home if symptomatic.
The individual registering (referred to as “You/your”) for the applicable in-person event (the “Event”) to be hosted by [Interactive Advertising Bureau, Inc./IAB Technology Laboratory, Inc. dba IAB Tech Lab] “IAB” hereby agrees to the following terms (this “Release”) in consideration of being permitted by IAB to attend the Event and in recognition of IAB’s reliance on your agreeing to this Release:
If you are planning to attend in person the event, you confirm the following:
- You are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (such as cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell, or fever);
- You do not have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19;
- You have not come in contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed to have or suspected of having COVID-19, nor have you travelled internationally in the last 14 days;
- You will comply with all federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to the Event and COVID-19 while participating in the Event, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of masks and face coverings;
- You will follow all policies, protocols, rules, instructions, recommendations, and cautions of IAB and/or the facility where the Event is taking place at all times during the Event; and
- If at any time you begin experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you will immediately discontinue further participation in the Event.
You also confirm you are aware of and understand the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and the risk that you may be exposed to or contract it at the Event, which may result in serious illness, recurring and/or ongoing illness, disability and/or death. You acknowledge that these risks may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or ordinary negligence of IAB or other attendees. You understand that despite reasonable measures taken by IAB, IAB cannot guarantee that you will not become infected at the Event.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGERS INVOLVED. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE RISKS STATED ABOVE, EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF IAB.
You hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against IAB, and its officers, directors, manager(s), employees, agents, attorneys, affiliates, shareholders/members, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”), on account of serious illness, recurring and/or ongoing illness, disability and/or death, arising out of or attributable to your participation in the Event, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of IAB or any Releasees or otherwise. You covenant not to make or bring any such claim against IAB or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge IAB and all other Releasees from liability under such claims. This waiver and release do not extend to claims for any liabilities that the laws of New York do not permit to be released by agreement. You agree to the admission of electronic evidence of your having accepted this Release in any dispute related to it.
All matters arising out of or relating to this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York. Any claim or cause of action arising under this Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in New York City, New York and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.