The IAB Technology Laboratory (IAB Tech Lab) is a nonprofit research and development consortium charged with producing and helping companies implement global industry technical standards and solutions for the digital media and advertising industries. The goal of the IAB Tech Lab is to reduce friction associated with the digital advertising and marketing supply chain while contributing to the safe growth of the industry.
The IAB Tech Lab spearheads the development of innovative and scalable technical standards, creates and maintains a code library to assist in rapid, cost-effective implementation of IAB standards, and establishes test platforms for companies to evaluate the compatibility of their technology solutions with IAB standards, which for over 20 years have been the foundation for interoperability and profitable growth in the digital advertising supply chain.
The agenda and project commitments include:
- Create a comprehensive code bank to assist in simplifying and reducing the costs associated with implementation of IAB standards
- Collaborate with the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) in the creation of new AdChoices programs in digital video and mobile to strengthen consumer privacy options across the interactive landscape
- Advance tools and protocols in alliance with the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG)
- Develop an IAB standards technology compliance program to reduce friction with the interpretation of technical protocols
- Produce updated specifications for VAST (Digital Video Ad Serving Template), VPAID (Digital Video Player Ad Interface Definition), and MRAID (Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions) that will allow for seamless use of all three in delivering digital video advertising cross platform
IAB Tech Lab Membership & Governance
The IAB Tech Lab is governed by an independent Board of Directors, which oversees its agenda and funds allocation. The Tech Lab’s governance structure will allow it to become a truly global body and accept member companies from outside the U.S. In addition, marketers and agencies, as well as other companies with interests in the digital advertising and marketing supply chain, will be invited to join. Companies that are already IAB General Members are automatically members of the IAB Tech Lab, at no cost beyond their IAB dues.
IAB Tech Lab Governing Board Members