Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Qualifying IAB events, workshop, webinars may count towards re-certification credits. Look for this logo to see what qualifies.
As an IAB Certified professional, you must demonstrate continued competence and prove that you are staying educated on industry changes and trends. Recertification is critical in digital advertising since the industry and technology evolve at such a rapid pace. Recertification credits can be earned through many channels directly from the IAB or through our many partners.
You must complete the recertification between month 9 and 24 of your initial certification cycle.
You have two options to recertify – by taking Continuing Education Credits (CE) or by retaking the latest certification exam.
IAB Recertification Fees
Recertification fees are $175 for IAB Members and $225 for non-IAB Members. This includes a $50 non-refundable application fee. There are many free ways to earn recertification credits.
Ask your employer if they will cover your Recertification fee.
Email [email protected].
Ready to recertify? Find local and online events that qualify for Recertification Credits
Recertification is required every two years. IAB Certified Professionals must earn 24 credits to recertify.
Learn more about earning and submitting credits:
Questions? Email [email protected].
1. Why Does IAB Certification Require Recertification?
Certification across every professional discipline (from medicine to finance) requires recertification every few years. This process is based on the philosophy of continued competence and demonstrates that the individual is staying educated on industry changes and trends. Recertification is critical in digital advertising since the industry and technology evolve at such a rapid pace.
2. When Do I Need To Recertify?
You must complete the recertification process within two years of taking your Certification exam.
3. What Do I Need To Do To Recertify And How Do I Get Started?
As outlined in the IAB Recertification Handbook, all candidates must demonstrate continued work in digital media sales, as defined as a minimum of 12 months total employment out of the previous 24 months.
IAB Digital Media Sales Recertification Handbook
IAB Digital Ad Operations Recertification Handbook
IAB Digital Data Solutions Recertification Handbook
You can earn recertification by choosing one of the two options below:
1) Accumulate 24 continuing education credits via conferences, learning sessions, webinars, training, etc. It’s easy to earn credits. Credits must be related to the competency requirements of the respective certification examination. See what qualifies.
2) Retake the exam. You should apply at least three months before their certification is due to expire in order to have sufficient time to schedule and take the exam in a test window.
4. How do I Submit Proof of Recertification Credits?
1) See what qualifies here and what documentation is needed for proof
2) Submit your proof of credits (screenshot, PDF, Word Doc) in your Certification portal
3) All attachments for proof of credit must be 750 KB or smaller to upload into the IAB portal
5. I Watched a Prerecorded Webinar – How Do I Submit Proof of Completion?
Take a screen shot of the webinar at any point during the video. Save the screenshot as a PDF or JPG under 750 KB in size. Attach this to your CE Credit while entering your self-reported continuing education.
6. My Continuing Education (CE) Credits Aren’t in My Portal
The recertification support team will periodically transfer the credits from your Continuing Education Tracker to your Recertification Application. If you still do not see your credits in either section, please contact the team at [email protected]
7. My Certification Expired, Can I Still Recertify?
In many cases, we are able to offer a grace period so that you can maintain your credential while working towards your recertification. Contact us at [email protected] to request an extension and learn more about the grace period.
8. How Much Does Recertification Cost?
Recertification fees are $175 for IAB Members and $225 for non-IAB Members. This includes $50 non-refundable application fee. There are many free ways to earn recertification credits.
9. What Happens If I Don’t Recertify?
If you do not submit an application or contact us before your expiration date, your credential will not be valid. IAB will revoke any use of the certification designation, including the use of the badge on social media profiles or email signatures.
10. Contact IAB Certification
As an IAB Certified professional, you must stay educated on industry changes and trends. Here are some valuable resources to keep you on track.
Visit our partners page to find local qualifying events. Just look for the recertification logo next to the event description.
Earn CE credit’s by watching IAB’s archived webinars. For proof of credit, just show a screenshot at any time during the video. Look for recertification logo to ensure the webinar qualifies.
Media Buyers Need Digital Education More Than Ever Before—Here’s What IAB Is Doing to Help
Be the first to know. Sign up to receive news about the IAB programs, standards, events, classes, and more!