The IAB Education Foundation is dedicated to increasing racial, gender, economic, and cultural diversity as well as closing the skills gap in the digital media and advertising industries.
The Foundation has launched a dedicated initiative, called iDiverse, to promote diversity in the workforce through training, mentoring, recruiting, interviewing and placement services. The iDiverse initiative is uniquely positioned to connect the stakeholders that understand the looming skills gap and human capital problems facing the interactive media industry. Through its efforts, iDiverse will:
- Train 2,000 entry-level candidates over the next several years
- Increase the diversity of the ecosystem’s candidate pool by 50 percent
- Target 25 percent total employee diversity across all jobs and roles
- Improve retention of diverse employees by 25 percent
|The IAB Education Foundation has released a report on The Diversity Dividend and the Looming Skills Gap in the Interactive Media Industry.
In 2015, the IAB Education Foundation commissioned EY (Ernst & Young) to conduct a Digital Media Skills Survey, an industry research report on talent requirements, to understand the expected job change and growth in the workforce within the digital advertising and media space.
IAB Education Foundation Board Members
- IAB Education Foundation & iDiverse Partner with Borough of Manhattan Community College to Offer Digital Training Course to Increase Workforce Diversity in Digital Media and Marketing Industries, August 2016
- Marcus Graham Project Launches New Clinton Global Initiative America Committment to Action to Partner with 4A’s MAIP Program, IAB Education Foundation’s iDiverse Initiative, and VCU Brandcenter, June 2016
- IAB Education Foundation Partners with University of Michigan-Dearborn for First-of-Its-Kind Digital Marketing Course, March 2016
- IAB Education Foundation & Its iDiverse Initiative Launch First-of-Its-Kind Entry-Level Training, Certification, and Job Placement Program, January 2016
- Leaders from AOL, Facebook, Levo League, MediaLink, Merryck & Co, Microsoft, Level Playing Field Institute, and Time Warner Cable Media Join IAB Education Foundation Board of Directors, January 2016
- IAB Education Foundation Reveals Plan to Strengthen Diversity in the Digital Media and Marketing Industry Candidate Pool by 50% & Increase Employee Diversity and Retention by 25%, September 2015
- IAB Education Foundation Commissioned EY (Ernst & Young) to Conduct a Digital Media Skills Survey, September 2015
About the IAB Education Foundation
The IAB Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that will tackle the twin problems of lack of diversity and growing skill gaps in the digital media and advertising industries. The foundation will accomplish this by developing curricula and certification programs in fast-growing sectors of industry employment, including digital advertising sales, advertising operations and data analytics, and then provide the courses at little or no cost to qualified training partners, such as community colleges and workforce development programs. The foundation will also serve as a professional society open to the hundreds of thousands of men and women now employed in the digital media and advertising industry in the United States.
Tim Armstrong, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AOL, is leading the IAB Education Foundation as Chairman of the Board and Michael Theodore, Senior Vice President, Learning and Development, IAB, is the foundation’s General Manager.
During the 2015 IAB MIXX Conference, Tim Armstrong, AOL, took the stage to announce the creation of iDiverse, a dedicated initiative promoting diversity in the digital advertising and media industry workforce:
Voices United: Diversity Tour
On December 12, 2014 the foundation kick-started its mission by hosting the first leg of a cross-country town hall tour. The inaugural workshop was held at the AOL offices in New York. The next stop took place on January 15, 2015 in Washington D.C. The third and final stop of the tour took place in San Francisco on March 12, 2015. The foundation listened to the diverse constituencies inside the digital advertising and media industry, learned from their experiences, and gained their insights about how to unleash the power of diversity in digital media, marketing and advertising.
The more inclusive our discussions are from the outset, the more we can imagine the workforce that sustains our industry for years to come. Join the conversation #IABdiversity
- IAB Education Foundation Partners with University of Michigan-Dearborn for First-of-Its-Kind Digital Marketing Course
- IAB Education Foundation & Its iDiverse Initiative Launch First-of-Its-Kind Entry-Level Training, Certification, and Job Placement Program in Partnership with Silicon Valley-based San Mateo County Community College District, Oakland’s Patten University & Oasis Learning
- The first partner announced was the Year Up program, a national nonprofit organization that provides skills training to disadvantaged young adults and places them in Fortune 500 companies. Year Up will work with the IAB Education Foundation to develop an entry-level ad operations training program.
- Tim Armstrong, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AOL Inc., and Chairman of the Board, IAB Education Foundation
- Megan Hauck, Director, IAB Education Foundation