Transition from player to player-coach. This intensive two-day training is designed to help digital sales managers become digital sales leaders. You’ll learn how to build sales teams and retain top talent, ways to collaborate cross-functionally, and how your team can help other parts of your organization succeed. Built in partnership with the IAB Education Advisory Board, this first-of-its-kind course will teach you how to run an innovative sales team that drives revenue in today’s rapidly evolving sales ecosystem.
Course Formats: In-Person Course
- Recruit, develop and retain the best sales talent
- Drive peak performance from your team and colleagues
- Inspire your front-line sellers
- Coach your team on revenue development strategies
- Coaching, managing and leading management modes
- Feedback frameworks
- Revenue development and client relationship appraisal
- Data-driven management best practices
- Prospecting, qualifying, closing and negotiating
- Recruiting and interviewing new talent
- Onboarding new members of your team
Upcoming In-Person Classes
The in-person, two-day course is highly interactive, featuring live discussions with industry experts as well as networking opportunities with fellow sales leaders at peer organizations.
No upcoming events at this time, check back soon.
Are you planning to register 10 or more attendees from your organization? Get in touch to learn about special discounts for groups of 10 or more and on-site training opportunities.
Learn from sales expert and IAB training faculty member, Michael Hess. Michael Hess has worked as a Senior Sales Management Executive in many corners of media, including SmartMoney, Rolling Stone, the New Yorker, and for emerging fast-growing digital media companies and startups. Michael co-founded one of the industry’s first online ad networks in 1995. The name was WebRep, 2CAN Media. He sold it after 3 years to Boston’s CMGi, which brought him to New York from San Francisco. Since being in New York, he has built sales teams and revenue operations for VideoEgg and SAY Media, and taking them from nothing to north of $100 million in revenue.
About the IAB Education Advisory Board
This program was designed by the IAB Education Advisory Board, which is comprised of top executives and sales leaders from across the digital ecosystem. Members of the board include:
- Elyssa Byck, Vice President, Global Business Strategy, BuzzFeed
- Eric Danetz, Global Chief Revenue Officer, AccuWeather
- Trevor Fellows, Executive Vice President, Digital Sales and Partnerships, NBCU
- Todd Haskell, Senior Vice President, Chief Digital Revenue Officer, Hearst
- Scott Hendrickson, Senior Vice President, Sales, News Corp
- Mark Howard, Chief Revenue Officer, Forbes
- Travis Howe, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Business Operations, ESPN
- Meredith Ian, Global Head of Sales Training, Spotify
- Doug Jossem, Chief Revenue Officer, North America, Vice
- Erin Madorsky, Chief Revenue Officer, Verve
- Kevin McGurn, President, Sales and Distribution, Vevo
- Dave Morris, Executive Vice President, Advanced Advertising and Client Partnerships, CBS Corporation
- Marla Newman, Senior Vice President, Digital Sales, Meredith
- Rachel Tuffney, Head of Finance Vertical Sales, Dow Jones
This class counts as 16 hours of credits toward IAB Certification or Recertification status.