Are consumer privacy laws at the forefront of your organization’s decision making?
As the media landscape grows more complex, the responsibility of compliance with regulations like the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) falls on your entire organization.
EU and US regulators have set their crosshairs on the digital advertising industry. It is essential that any company within the industry understand the legal rules under which they operate. This course provides marketers and media professionals an in-depth introduction to the most comprehensive EU and US privacy laws and how they specifically apply to the various players of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Have more informed conversations with legal and policy colleagues about consumer privacy
- Raise organizational awareness about consumer privacy issues
- Develop questions to ask of your general counsel or legal colleagues about business processes
- Introduction to GDPR, CCPA & COPPA
- Structure and scope of privacy legislation
- Technical and organizational measures for engaging in targeted advertising
- Considerations for collecting and using 1st and 3rd-party data
- Legal case studies and precedents
- Enforcement actions and importance of compliance
The in-person class is highly interactive, with live discussions with industry experts providing technical know-how and best practices for media professionals.
Thursday, May, 14, 2020, 8:30 am EST - 12:00 pm EST
Are you planning to register 10 or more attendees from your organization? Get in touch to learn about special discounts for group of 10 or more and on-site training opportunities.
This class counts as 3 hours of credits toward IAB Certification or Recertification status.