Sold-Out Conference Focuses on Need to Pair Technology with High-Quality Content
PHOENIX, AZ (February 8, 2015) — The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) 2015 Annual Leadership Meeting kicked off today at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix, AZ, bringing together more than 1,100 digital advertising executives to discuss the latest trends that are shaping the industry. This year’s program revolves around “Content and the Kingmakers,” with some of the industry’s most respected leaders sharing their thoughts on the evolution of content in an era when technology is constantly advancing, and consumers are demanding better experiences on all digital screens.
“Great content draws in consumers, and without it we wouldn’t be able to deliver the audiences that marketers want to reach,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “This year’s Annual Leadership Meeting will bring together the biggest names in the industry to address critical issues in developing and distributing content on digital platforms. These leaders in brand marketing, media buying, and publishing, whether they produce attention-getting original video series or innovative interactive marketing campaigns, will offer insights into how content is the next big game changer in digital advertising.”
In addition to Rothenberg, this year’s slate of speakers features a variety of media and marketing heavy-hitters from top companies in the industry. They include:
- Linda Boff, Executive Director, Global Brand Marketing, General Electric
- Jeffrey Cole, Director, Center for the Digital Future, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Scott Donaton, Chief Content Officer, DigitasLBi
- Lisa Donohue, Chief Executive Officer, Starcom USA
- Jonah Goodhart, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Moat
- Eric Harris, Chief Business Operations Officer, BuzzFeed
- Mike Hopkins, Chief Executive Officer, Hulu
- Freada Kapor Klein, Co-Chair, Kapor Center for Social Impact
- Robert Kyncl, Global Head of Content & Business Operations, YouTube
- Ben Lerer, Founder, Thrillist Media Group
- Erin McPherson, Chief Content Officer, Maker Studios
- Bob Rupczynski, Vice President of Media and Consumer Engagement, Kraft Foods Group
- Rosemarie Ryan, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, co:collective
- Warren St. John, Editor-In-Chief, Patch
- Mark Thompson, President and Chief Executive Officer, The New York Times Co.
- Doug Weaver, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Upstream Group, Inc.
- Troy Young, President, Hearst Digital Media
The IAB will post highlight videos from the sold-out event’s presentations for those who are unable to attend. For more information, visit iab.com/events/iab-annual-leadership-meeting-content-and-the-kingmakers/.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It is comprised of more than 650 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing programs. Together, they account for 86 percent of online advertising in the United States. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. The organization is committed to professional development, elevating the knowledge, skills, and expertise of individuals across the digital marketing industry. The IAB also educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City.
IAB Media Contact