Continue to be part of the 8,500+ media sales professionals from leading global companies who maintain this prestigious credential.
Ways to earn Recertification Credits
Why Does The IAB Digital Media Sales Certification Require Recertification?
Certification across every professional discipline (from medicine to finance) requires recertification every few years. This process is based on the philosophy of continued competence and demonstrates that the individual is staying educated on industry changes and trends. Recertification is critical in digital advertising since the industry and technology evolve at such a rapid pace.
When Do I Need To Recertify?
You must complete the recertification process within two years of taking your Certification exam.
What Do I Need To Do To Recertify And How Do I Get Started?
As outlined in the IAB Digital Media Sales Recertification Handbook, all candidates must demonstrate continued work in digital media sales, as defined as a minimum of 12 months total employment out of the previous 24 months.
You can earn recertification by choosing one of the two options below:
1) Accumulate 24 continuing education credits via conferences, learning sessions, webinars, training, etc. It’s easy to earn credits. Credits must be related to the competency requirements of the Digital Media Sales certification examination. See what qualifies.
2) Retake the exam. You should apply at least three months before their certification is due to expire in order to have sufficient time to schedule and take the exam in a test window.
APPLY FOR RECERTIFICATION
How Much Does Recertification Cost?
Recertification fees are $175 for IAB Members and $225 for non-IAB Members. This includes $50 non-refundable application fee. Ask your employer if they will cover your Recertification fee.
What Happens If I Don’t Recertify?
If you do not submit an application or contact us before your expiration date, your credential will not be valid. IAB will revoke any use of the certification designation, including the use of the badge on social media profiles or email signatures.
Contact IAB Certification
Email r[email protected].
|Qualifying Activity||Credits||Documentation Required|
|Industry Conferences||1 credit for each 2-hour period||Receipt or proof of registration|
|Professional development classes, Seminars, Webinars, Training||1 credit for each full hour||Certificate of Attendance or Registration Confirmation|
|Presentations at industry meetings, guest lectures, participation on a panel||4 credits per presentation||Copy of program; Date and location of presentation; evaluations, if applicable|
|College/University programs||5 credits per semester-long course3 credits per trimester- or quarter-long course||Name of educational institution;Course Title(s) and Syllabus;Name of Instructors;Semester/Trimester/Quarter Completed|
|Published Works (articles published in third-party digital media journal, magazine, newsletter, industry blog)||3 credits per publication||Copy of article, date, publication name|
|Participation in industry task force with defined output (e.g. development of new standards, industry white paper)||4 credits per task force||Letter from industry group|
|Participation in DMSC Item Writing/Review Workshop*||2 credits per in-person workshop|
- Other types of learning and thought leadership activities not listed above may be considered by the Commission.
- Certificants are responsible for tracking and reporting their recertification activities and will be required to submit appropriate documentation (transcripts, certificates, etc.) for each CE activity.
- All credits claimed must be earned during the certification cycle and credits may not be carried over into the next recertification cycle.
- Certificants are responsible for conducting an ongoing assessment of their continued competence in digital media sales, and measuring their own knowledge and skill level against the requirements for certification.
- Candidates for recertification will be asked to refer to the DMSC exam blueprint to ensure that Continuing Education activities submitted for recertification have a direct link to the content domains of the exam.
- *Exam Committee members who write test items cannot sit for the examination for no less than 2 years after their term ends. Members must complete 24 hours of Continuing Education in order to satisfy recertification, where each in-person workshop qualifies for 2 credits.
Questions? Email [email protected]
What’s the difference between a Professional Certification and a Certificate?
Companies with certified sales staff include
AOL, Collective, Conde Nast, Cox Media Group, Discovery, Expedia, Extreme Reach, IDG, NBCUniversal, The New York Times, Pandora, Time Inc., Triad Retail Media, Univision, Yahoo, Valasis and more!
See what they’re saying
“ I found the exam and preparation stimulating and challenging. As such, I'm proud to be IAB-certified.”—Mark Warlaumont Director of News and Digital Media Sales, Bright House Networks
“ It’s a great program and would highly recommend it to my colleagues across the industry.”—Rich Fimbres Senior Multimedia Sales Representative, Bloomberg Media
“ It keeps you up to date on digital information and what is happening in the industry...”—Cheryl Baeszler Digital Sales Manager, Cox Media
“ The IAB Certification has allowed me to understand the standards set in place...”—Jinger Guerrette Account Executive, Time Warner Cable Media
“ I have marketed myself and the companies that I have worked for with my IAB Sales Certification...”—Alison O’Brien Nexstar Broadcasting
“ This is definitely a certification I am recommending to my peers...”—Tracy Dedeaux Digital Sales Manager, WVUE Fox 8
“ The industry needs this kind of certification...”—Marcos Christensen Senior Director Latam South Cone, comScore, Inc.
“ I have learned so much and I'm so thankful that my company felt this was important...”—Mandilyn Thompson Account Executive, Time Warner Cable Media Sales
“ This is a great program and helps distinguish certified professionals as the best in the business...”—Anna Patterson Digital Media Specialist, Cox Media Group
“ Becoming IAB certified was a goal of mine...”—Farrah Shultz Digital Media Account Executive, Triad Retail Media
“ I'm very happy to have gone through the program...”—Rob Noonan Sales Director, Digital Shopper Marketing, Conversant Media
Looking for Team Certification?
|Email [email protected] for information on corporate testing and training.|