The mission of the Multicultural Council is to promote the vibrancy, strength and growth of the multicultural marketplace across the digital media landscape through an expanded understanding of the new general market. In these interesting times, the work of the IAB Multicultural Council matters. For more information on the IAB’s work on Multicultural, please contact us at [email protected].
Cross-Cultural Marketing Day 2017 Was An Undeniable Hit!
At the Oath offices in NYC on October 10th, the room was abuzz with the insights and networking of one of the major multicultural marketing events of the year. With a sparkling lineup of interesting and thought provoking speakers, the day rolled right into a fun-filled happy hour. Thanks to all who participated. If you couldn’t make it, here are some pictures and some of the key takeaways.
Key Takeaways From The IAB Cross-Cultural Marketing Day 2017
- Multicultural isn’t just an opportunity. It’s a necessity.
- This isn’t just a marketing issue. It goes across the whole organization—supply chain, packaging, research.
- A goal: to be language agnostic but culturally specific.
- Data, Data, Data: A need to verify and validate audiences—beyond language.
- The media can only go so far, you have to ask did the creative touch the cultural nuances?
- It used to be all you needed to do was put up any Spanish language programming and the audience would follow, but now they have a choice. We have to use data to give them the content they want.
- Cultural context influences perspective even beyond gender in decoding advertising.
- Language doesn’t drive content. With multi-lingual consumers, content drives the language they use to connect with it.
- You must understand the context around which your work exists.
- Content Marketing could be a powerful tool to connect to the next generation Hispanic audience.
Multicultural Creative Showcase
Thought Leadership: Videos