Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS) is a cross-industry initiative founded by the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A’s), the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). The Media Rating Council (MRC), an independent body, is responsible for setting and implementing measurement standards. For more information on 3MS, visit www.MeasurementNow.net.
The switch to viewable impressions is a momentous occasion for consumers, brands, and publishers. This shift in media currency will help brands connect with engaged consumers, and do the kind of multi-platform campaigns across media properties they’ve been eager to do almost since the internet was born. View the State of Viewability Transaction 2015
- Revolutionize the way digital media is measured, planned, and transacted across the advertising industry in order to make it a more valuable medium for everyone involved in brand advertising.
- Aid the development of clear standards-based metrics for interactive advertising that are comparable to legacy media and based on the fundamental opportunity for consumers to see online ads.
- Define, across the marketing ecosystem, clear standards-based metrics for interactive advertising that are comparable to traditional media.
- Work with the Media Rating Council (MRC) as they set and implement measurement standards.
3MS is focused on five areas: defining impressions, establishing audience currency, creating a standard classification of ad units, defining ad performance metrics, and establishing brand attitudinal measures.
The key objectives of the 3MS initiative are:
- Determining the right metrics and solutions
- Driving industry consensus around the solutions
- Establishing a measurement governance model.
3MS Education Forum Sessions