IAB is celebrating great examples of creative execution. View below the IAB MIXX Awards winners from 2015 and 2016 in the Multicultural category. We encourage our members to share other Multicultural creative executions by sending an email to Val Baron.
- African American
- Asian American
Walmart wanted to encourage African-Americans to look at their fresh grocery offerings during the holidays, and inspire people to make some easy and healthy changes to traditional meals.
Mi Escuelita Preschool wanted to create an emotional connection through a personal story to solicit donations to change the statistics for low income Hispanic children.
Tacate wanted to appeal to and connect with the modern bicultural Hispanic target.
Pantene wanted to revive the brand in China and increase market share amongst the younger generation.
Samsung had six main objectives for this campaign:
- Target Hispanic millennials that are heavily social/digital users to increase awareness and lift purchase intent of the Samsung Galaxy
- Engage Samsung’s connected consumers by creating a social presence that leveraged Telemundo’s strong social networks
- Expand Samsung’s successful partnership with Latin Billboards 2014
- Deliver new platforms and offerings that Samsung users can engage in
- Create content for Samsung’s MILK Video platform
- Promote Samsung’s MILK Music platform and spotlight ‘The Biggest Night in Latin Music’ station
COVERGIRL’s key objectives included:
- Own the beauty store across all platforms
- Provide access to the hottest trends in an approachable way through engaging content and talent
- Emphasize the beauty angle within real time Red Carpet moments
- Increase brand awareness, recall, and likeability
Kia Motors’ key objectives included:
- Celebrate Kia target’s bicultural identity in the most relevant cultural intersections: music, entertainment, sports, and culture
- Multi-screen approach – take advantage of our consumer’s digital and social engagement patterns
For ShanghaiPRIDE, the organizers wanted to humanize the LGBT community and educate Chinese society to make being gay more accepted.
The “Fresh Empire” campaign sought to prevent and reduce tobacco use among at-risk multicultural youth ages 12-17 who identify with the Hip Hop peer crowd.