IAB Annual Leadership Meeting 2016
Ad Blocking: What you need to know
Recent Press Releases
IAB on Ad Blocking
The digital marketing and media industry regularly confronts fresh adversaries eager to intercept the flow of ad dollars, often to the disadvantage of consumer choice. Ad blocking is the latest crisis du jour, a potentially existential threat to the industry. To combat it effectively, it's essential to distinguish ad blocking's two sources -- and their significance.
- Getting LEAN with Digital Ad UX
- Ad Blocking: The Unnecessary Internet Apocalypse
- Ad Blocking: What you need to know
- IAB CEO Randall Rothenberg on Ad Blocking, Viewability, & Fraud in The Wall S...
IAB on Building Brands In Digital
IAB is engaged in a sustained effort to spur greater creativity in interactive advertising and speed adoption of new brand-friendly ad formats. Initiatives such as Rising Stars and the IAB MIXX Awards are driving a creative transformation of the interactive advertising space to boost marketers’ confidence that they can successfully build brands online.
- Display Rising Stars Ad Units
- Rising Stars Ads and Brand Equity
- What Works And Why: IAB MIXX Awards 2015 Insights Report
- Top Digital Marketing and Media Leaders From Around the World Share ‘What Works an...
IAB on Data
Data is essential to the evolution of digital advertising. Data allows the kind of dynamic, customized experiences that people expect online, and in an era of growing accountability, data allows publishers to create better experiences for their consumers, lets advertisers create stronger relationships with their customers, and permits all parties to better track progress.
- IAB Launches Digital Data Solutions Certification Program to Establish Vital Profe...
- Data Usage & Control
- Handle with Care: 10 Steps to Good Data Stewardship
- Data Driven Advertising
IAB on Digital Video
There is no question that digital video is garnering major consumer attention and that brands want to be a part of the experience. In order to fulfill digital video’s long-term promise of delivering powerful brand advertising at scale, IAB is devoted to the advancement of the digital video medium in the global marketplace. Together with its member companies and in cooperation with the IAB Technology Laboratory, the IAB Digital Video Center produces technical standards, research, and thought leadership critical to the field, while identifying emergent best practices in the fast growing arena of digital video.
- Advanced TV: Ad Buyer Perceptions Study
- One in Four U.S. Adults Watches Original Digital Video, According to IAB Research
- 68% Of Marketers & Agencies Anticipate Increasing Video Ad Spend
- What’s a VAST? Understanding IAB Digital Video Suite
IAB Ad Revenue Report
The IAB Internet Advertising Revenue Report is the industry benchmark for the health of the digital advertising ecosystem. The results reported are considered the most accurate measurement of internet/online advertising revenues since the data is compiled directly from information supplied by companies selling advertising online.
- Digital Ad Revenues Surge 19%, Climbing to $27.5 Billion in First Half Of 2015
- IAB Internet Advertising Revenue Report Conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
IAB on Measurement, Viewability and 3MS
The ground-breaking Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS) initiative has one goal—to provide better metrics in digital for brands, agencies, and publishers. Founded by the 4A’s, ANA, and IAB, and administered by the Media Rating Council (MRC), 3MS will revolutionize the way digital media is measured, planned, and transacted across the advertising industry in order to make it a more valuable medium for everyone involved in brand advertising.
- Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS): Resources for Publishers
- State of Viewability Transaction 2015
- IAB Statement on MRC Viewability Measurement Reconciliation Findings
- IAB, MMA and MRC Unveil “Mobile Application Advertising Measurement Guidelines” Fo...
IAB on Mobile
The growth in the space has been dizzying—and IAB is best positioned to bring the same supply chain discipline to the mobile marketing sector that it has done for the broader digital advertising space for nearly 20 years. Through the IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, IAB devotes resources to market and consumer research, mobile advertising case studies, executive training and education, supply chain standardization, creative showcases and best practice identification.
- Global Mobile Advertising Revenue Hit $31.9 Billion (€23.9 Billion) in 2014, Accor...
- Marketer Perceptions of Mobile Advertising
- Hispanic Millennials: Taking “Mobile First” to the Next Level
- Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions (MRAID)
IAB on Native Advertising
Native has become a hot topic in the advertising marketplace, but for the practice to flourish further, it needs consensus on definitions and structure. Marketers are embracing native strategies and publishers are looking for a roadmap that will allow them to take full advantage of the trend. The IAB Native Advertising Task Force is focused on evaluating the value and potential of the emerging native advertising space.
- IAB Goes Native
- IAB Deep-Dive on In-Feed Ad Units: A Supplement to the IAB Native Advertising Play...
- DISCLOSURE, DISCLOSED: How Leading Web Properties Disclose In-feed Ads
- IAB Releases ‘In-Image Advertising Primer’ To Provide An In-Depth Look...
IAB on Programmatic
Over the last several years, publishers and advertisers have increasingly adopted programmatic buying and selling of digital inventory into their media strategies. Programmatic’s share of total internet advertising was $10.1 billion in 2014, comprising 20 percent of last year’s overall internet advertising revenues ($49.5 billion) according to the IAB Programmatic Revenue Report. Through its Programmatic Council, IAB aims to bring together all players in the programmatic space to discuss and advance the key business issues in the evolving programmatic marketplace.
- IAB Launches the Programmatic Council to a Packed House
- U.S. Programmatic Ad Revenues Totaled $10.1 Billion in 2014, According to First-Ev...
- Programmatic Everywhere? Data, Technology and the Future of Audience Engagement
- IAB Releases OpenDirect 1.0 For Public Comment of Specification That Provides Publ...
IAB on Traffic Fraud
Criminal activity threatens to erode trust in the digital ecosystem. Quality, original content is not sufficiently protected against the threats of fraudulent traffic, malware attacks, and IP piracy, and publishers, marketers and agencies stand together to combat these dangerous forces as a unified entity. In response, the 4A’s, ANA, and IAB created the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG). TAG is a first-of-its-kind cross-industry accountability program to create transparency in the business relationships and transactions that undergird the digital ad industry, while continuing to enable the astonishing levels of innovation that have propelled digital advertising into the largest ad medium in the United States.
- Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) and Digital Ad Leaders Announce New Program...
- Best Practices For Reducing Traffic Fraud Risk Unveiled by IAB
- IAB Releases Final Best Practices For Reducing Risk Of Traffic Fraud
- IAB Releases Quality Assurance Guidelines 2.0
To deliver on our mission to empower the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy, IAB created the following organizations to focus on these growing areas:
The IAB Technology Laboratory (IAB Tech Lab) is a nonprofit research and development consortium charged with producing and helping companies implement global industry technical standards and solutions for the digital media and advertising industries. The goal of the IAB Tech Lab is to reduce friction associated with the digital advertising and marketing supply chain while contributing … Continued
The IAB Education Foundation is dedicated to increasing racial, gender, economic, and cultural diversity as well as closing the skills gap in the digital media and advertising industries. The IAB Education Foundation has just released a report on The Diversity Dividend and the Looming Skills Gap in the Interactive Media Industry. The foundation has also … Continued
Competition for consumers’ hearts and minds is no longer bounded by geographic frontiers — digital marketing, news, entertainment, and content are all global. The new-media marketplace naturally bleeds across frontiers, often with knee-high barriers to entry. But succeeding in this widely varied and vast arena will not be as easy. Nearly all major digital companies … Continued
The IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, an independently funded and staffed unit inside the IAB, is charged with driving the growth of mobile marketing, advertising, and media. Launched in December 2010, the IAB Mobile Center has created standards and best practices, and provided research and insights that have helped accelerate the growth of the … Continued
The IAB Digital Video Center of Excellence, a dedicated unit within IAB, is devoted to the advancement of the digital video medium in the global marketplace. Its board and members reflect a dynamic mix of top television brands, original digital video content producers, prominent print publishers, digital video technology leaders, and innovative start-ups spanning the … Continued
IAB Annual Leadership Meeting 2016
IAB’s Multicultural Video Mash-Up
MRC Social Media Measurement Guidelines Review and Discussion
“ IAB empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. ”
IAB Enduring Priorities:
- Trustworthy Digital Supply Chain
- Making Measurement Make Sense
- Publisher Transformation
- Building Brands Digitally
- Moving Mobile Mainstream